Deafinitely Wanderlust is a travel blog that focuses on Deaf travel with an audience from all over the globe! Deafinitely Wanderlust is curated by me, a Deaf Mexican-American woman who is passionate about creating contents that focus on personal experiences, accessible travel + resources, adventures, human connections, and human stories. I believe the stories of diverse humans is one of the biggest impacts to instill hope and create growth & positive changes. I also love talking about Deaf awareness, mental health, diversity + inclusion, feminism, and empowerment.
Collaborations may include brand ambassadorship, paid sponsorships, exceptional reviews, paid freelance writing, press trips, photography & film, social media campaigns, contests & giveaways, and guest posts. Depending on the collaboration, you may inquire me regarding my rates. I operate on a policy of full disclosure. Authenticity and honesty are both my biggest values for this blog. I’ll only work with brands that I believe in and that are relevant to my blog and my readers (including the Deaf communities). If you think that you also share the same beliefs and values, then I’d love to hear from you!
If you’re interested in working with me, you can send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel eat enjoy repeat’s best hikes in the world
- The Wandering Queen’s favorite national park of 20 travel bloggers
- Lez Backpack’s Local Nomad: DEAFINITELY WANDERLUST
- Road Affair’s Everyone Travels: Deaf Backpackers
- Adventure In You’s Meet The Inspiring Pair Who Are Traveling The World Despite Being Deaf
- Two Scots Abroad’s Deafying Stereotypes – Deaf Travel
- Miss Maps’s Featured Female TravelerS: Lilo and Stacey – Los Angeles, USA
- Like Riding a Bicycle’s Inside the Enabled Mindset with Stacey and Lilo: Deaf Travellers
- Willful and Wildhearted’s Inspirational Travelers: Deafinitely Wanderlust
- A Traveling Translator’s Stories of Catcalls & Street Harassment from women traveling ATW
- Travel Breathe Repeat’s Accessible travel tips from frequent travelers
- Gogo Budget Travel’s Guide to Apoyo Lagoon – Rejuvenating Gem of Nicaragua
- Between England and Iowa’s Amazing Sand dunes around the world
- Casual Traveler’s Recognizing fellow travelers
- Nomad Revelations’ Top 2300 Travel Blogs on the Internet
- BoB around the world’s Top 100 Travel Blogs 2015
- Huffington Post’s 10 Inspiring Travel Bloggers You Need to Follow Now
- Asher Fergusson’s Top 100 Travel Blogs for Serious Wanderlust to follow in 2017
- Cluboid’s The top 50 travel bloggers 2017
- World First Travel Insurance’s The World First Wander: back to school, books and…
- Hello Travel’s Top Couple travel blogs of 2016
- Moving Shoes’s Master Collection of world’s best travel blogs
Press in Deaf community
- Melmira’s female travel & resilience interview
- Juan’s Wondering’s Deaf Latina traveler interview
- Silent Grapevine’s Deafintiely Wanderlust
- Daily Moth: Deaf Couple Stranded in Snowstorm
- Life InSight (Deaf German Magazine)’s Deafinitely Wanderlust
- Starkey: Hearing Loss Emergenices
- HearWhat? – What if Hearing loss meant your life?
- UTV Ghana Videos: Deafintely Wanderlust
- Hearing Like Me’s Travel Tips from blogger
- Beyond Tone’s Deafinitely Wanderlust
Frequently asked questions
I am currently not accepting advertisements on my blog.
I am very limited in the content that I feature from other writers, companies or brands. Due to my niche, I am accepting sponsored posts/article contribution if it’s relevant to my niche and beneficial for my readers. If you also share a video or link to a video, it must have closed captions or subtitles – no exceptions. Sponsored posts that include photos also must come with Image Descriptions for DeafBlind and Blind communities – no exceptions. If so, I will take it into consideration depending upon your request or offer. I’m interested in those who create quality work, have the passion and support our diverse communities.
I am very limited in the content that I feature from other writers, companies or brands. I only share contents from other writers, companies or brands that are relevant to my niche or may benefit my audience. Due to my niche, I am accepting guest posts if you are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, DeafBlind, Late-Deafened or DeafDisabled. I also accept guest posts with those who are Disabled. If you are Hearing (a person who is not Deaf, Hard of Hearing, etc.) and have passion for Deaf communities and our culture, I will take it into consideration depending upon your request or offer. I may also be open to guest posts relating to mental health & travel.
If you plan to take my photos or videos, please credit and link back directly. Shall if you use for commercial purpose, please email me first. Please insert “Requesting to use your photos/videos” in the subject line.
I’m thrilled to see that you’re learning more about our Deaf culture and language. However, I am only focused on travel-related collaboration. I am pretty busy; To invest more of my time for academic assignments is not my priority. Therefore, I will not have an interview with you for your class, answer your questions for your assignment/project or participate in research unless I’ll be compensated for my time. Just giving credit to me isn’t sufficient for my time.
However, if you have found answers in my blog/vlog for your interview, please do credit me accordingly. Thank you! 🙂
I’m happy to know that you really want to learn ASL! I provide service at hourly rate. Email me to ask more question about it!
Please read my FAQ before sending me an email:
deafinitelywanderlust @ gmail . com