Grab your camera, selfie stick, and your family and/or friends out to this beautiful flower field in Carlsbad, California. It blooms vibrantly on the hillside where you can also see a panoramic view of pacific ocean. The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch only opens seasonally beginning of every year during spring (March-May).
It also offers school programs, such as Seed and Bulb Growing and Adopt A Class programs. It’s family friendly, children’s playground was added for children to run around, play and socialize. There are also nursery, shop, cafe, green house and mining company.
This place is also a perfect place to go for a date, bring friends, surprise your mother or someone who loves garden. If you love nature, you won’t regret this!
5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Between March to May, every year
It costs $12 for adults, $11 for Seniors (age 60+), $6 for children, FREE for under age 2. You can purchase the tickets online or onsite. They also offer wagon ride for $5 adults and $3 for children between 3-10. FREE PARKING.
It opens 7 days a week, from 9am to 6pm.
- Always check the weather – that way you can wear appropriate clothing.
- Allow yourself to look around for about an hour and half to two hours
- There are restaurants right nearby on the same parking lot; if you want to save money, it is suggested to buy food and drinks there instead of onsite (It’s a little pricey for small portions – such as ice cream)
- If you had been involved in a military, there is also a discount for that
- You can also bring your own snacks to keep your tummy happy
- Try to look for coupons online (I regretted not checking it). I heard there is a coupon somewhere
- Unfortunately, you are not allowed to walk THROUGH the flower field, only around; however, there are few certain areas that allow you to walk through when you see green carpets that guide you for taking photos
Please note that this post is based on my experience. It’s a beautiful place to go, your opinion may differ.
Have you seen a flower field? If so, where?