We’re thrilled to announce that we have been nominated for Liebster Award by Donna at Whole Food Bellies! It is such an honor to be recognized for our work! Thank you so much, Donna, for nominating us!
Do visit her website! Her passion is to share her journey to fulfill people’s bellies with happiness by excluding harmful processed foods and use delicious whole foods instead.
If you are wondering what is Liester Award, it is an honorable recognition given by bloggers to new bloggers for their work; it is also a great way to encourage networking and connection between bloggers! It only applies to new bloggers who have under 2000 followers.
So, if you get nominated, you may either accept or reject it (we encourage you to accept it!). If you accept it, there are rules that you’ll need to follow:
- Inform bloggers that you have been nominated
- Thank the person who nominated you and includes a link to their blog on your blog
- You’ll need to write a post to continue paying it forward
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 upcoming bloggers (they must have less than 200 followers)
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees on your post
- List these rules on your post
- Display the award on your blog, either in a post or as a widget.
Now, here are
11 Facts About (Us)
- We are both Deaf and know American Sign Language
- We have been homeless for a night in Hiroshima, Tokyo.
- Lilo’s favorite sport is basketball, and Stacey’s favorite is colorguard
- Lilo grew up speaking orally and learned American Sign Language at 13
- Stacey loves learning new languages (currently learning Chinese & Korean)
- Lilo ran 3 of Disney half marathons
- Stacey looooves spicy food, whereas Lilo hates it
- Despite the fact that we’re Deaf, we both love dancing (even though we’re quite shy about it!)
- Lilo graduated with B.S. in BioChemistry, and Stacey graduated with B.A. in Psychology
- Stacey is attracted to colorful things.
- Lilo’s real name is Lieurene which came from both of her grandmothers’ names: Lieu and Irene.
11 Questions Donna Asked Me
1. What inspired you to blog?
We want to inspire anyone to travel; most importantly, we want to inspire the Deaf communities due to multiple barriers. To our best abilities, we want to guide and help the Deaf communities. Additionally, we want to form an association between the Deaf and Hearing communities.
2. Who is your favourite blogger?
We don’t have a favorite blogger yet, but we do like Nomadic Matt, Adventurous Kate and Legal Nomads.
3. Other than blogging, what is your favourite hobby?
We both love exploring and traveling.
Stacey: I love photography & videography; it is perhaps not considered as a hobby but as a passion.
Lilo: I love watching movies! I can’t get enough of it, especially 80’s classics like Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, etc.
4. What’s something you have always wanted to learn to do but haven’t had the time yet?
Lilo: I’m hoping to get certified in scuba diving in Thailand since it is cheaper. I mean, it’s a lot cheaper comparing to many other countries!
Stacey: That’s pretty hard to say…hmmm, well I love learning a lot of things but I am hoping to learn salsa dance.
5. If you could hop on a plane tomorrow, where would you go?
Lilo: Everywhere! Well, if I have to pick one then, New Zealand! It looks really gorgeous there.
Stacey: That’s pretty hard to pick! I would say China (:
6. What is your favourite meal of all time?
Lilo: oh my god, Pizza. I just can’t live without it.
Stacey: Ever since my dad made ceviche, I just knew. It’s so good! Nomnom!
7. Favourite city to visit for food?
Our favorite city to visit for food is Seoul, South Korea – especially the street food! Oh my goodness, you just have to try it!
8. Do you have a favourite post on your blog? If so, what is it and why is it your favourite?
Stacey: “5 Magical Locations that gives you Harry Potter Feels,” I just feel that it’s perfect since many people around the world love Harry Potter like I do, and of course, they would want to know where else are there that gives us the wizardry feels.
Lilo: “A Whole New World: DisneySea,” not a lot of people hear about DisneySea in Tokyo, and I wanted to share it with people who also love Disney.
9. What’s the one thing that can cheer you up after a lousy day?
Stacey: with no hesitation, boba milk tea!!!
Lilo: Running. The feeling of of the ability to let go and and focus on my pace. Even after running, the euphoria continues.
10. What is your favourite book?
Stacey: Harry Potter series. Simple as that. I would reread it again and again (:
Lilo: Into the Wild. When I was a freshman at college, I had to read Into the Wild for required reading but I ended up loving the story and thus, from there it only inspired me even more to travel.
11. If you could invite anyone to dinner who would it be?
Lilo: wait, dead or alive? If alive, then I would say Emma Watson. She’s such an inspiration to all women. If dead, my great grandparents. Since I am half Vietnamese and half Mexican, I would love to see how both my grandparents had lived their lives in their native countries.
Stacey: good question! I would love to see my grandmother again; I wish I could have a dinner with her just one more time and hear her stories.
We nominate *Drum rolls*:
1. Rebekah Hamblen from My MSPI Baby
2. Clarissa Fatkin Fletcher from Avenly Lane
3. Leeann Chapman Rohde from Cute Cute Life
4. Heidi Campbell from A Travelling Circus
5. Dawn Kealing from Life, Love and Adventure
Congratulation, everyone! (:
Be sure to check out their blogs!
Questions for the nominees:
1. What inspired you to blog?
2. Why did you choose that name for your blog? Is there a story behind it?
3. What’s one food that you just cannot live without?
4. What festival around the world would you choose to go? Why?
5. Do you have any hidden talent?
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. What 3 words would your friends describe you?
8. What is one fear that you will try to face? (example: fear of heights)
9. If you have to spend $1,000 in 24 hours, what would you do with it?
10. What is one thing you don’t like about blogging?
11. If you aren’t blogging, what do you think you’ll be doing today?